Laser Cutting Capacity
- Mild Steel 20mm x 3000 x 1500
- Stainless Steel 12mm x 3000 x 1500
- Aluminium 8mm x 3000 x 1500
Why choose laser cutting / laser profiling?
- No tooling cost
- Rapid prototyping
- Greater accuracy
- Quick turn around
- In comparison with punching it gives a superior edge finish that requires no de-burring or finishing.
Intricate detail & marking are all possible.
- Lasers can cut complex shapes without the need for tooling.
Speed is comparable or faster than other profile cutting methods.
- Localised heat distortion is reduced.
- A polished edge finish can be achieved on stainless steel using a nitrogen assist gas.
- The accuracy of the cut part achievable
- The repeatability and consistency of the process
- The level of detail achievable
- The range of materials which can be processed
- The speed of the process
- The cost of parts
- The ease of changing parts (particularly when compared to hard tooling etc)
- The lack of physical contact during the process
- The small heat affected zone